2018 August Dev Log 01: App Dev and Project experimentation
02 Aug 2018
I’ve been developing a couple of project lately. The main right now is a scavenger hunt app. Another friend of mine is developing this one with me, so that is pretty fun.
The other one I’m building is a information sharing platform. I’ll cover that one in more detail in the next Dev Log.
The features the completed app will have are
- Ability to complete scavenger hunts
- Ability to complete unique challenges that each hunt contains.
- A Leader board that shows which players have completed the most challenges/hunts
- Ability for users to create their own hunts/challenges
- Users will be able to check back on the hunts/challenges they have recently completed
The basic version of the app frontend has been completed. I have begun coding the backend API not too long ago. Be adding a web backend to the app, users will be able to interact with one another and allows for the accumulation of user-generated content.
The Tech Stack
For the backend API, I am currently experimenting with Ruby on Rails
This project is being developed at a relaxed pace. This is mostly because senior year of high school is starting up in a few weeks from now :)
– Mechasparrow (Michael Navazhylau)